Tuesday 10 July 2012

On a nail varnish mad one.


Mother goose and I went shopping today and I was on a mission to buy some new nail varnish as I'd seen a couple of photos on pinterest which sent my imagination keeling over. (Just go onto pinterest and type 'nails' in the search bar and you'll see what I mean). I knew I wanted pastel colours so when browsing in Topshop I picked up the colour 'Milkshake' which is a pale pastel pink and its lovely: you know when your eyes are immediately drawn to a colour-well that happened, we had chemistry! 

With my student discount and the clothes my mum bought it equalled out to cost me £2.20 which is a bargain as they're normally pretty pricey little things at £5 - £6 depending if you buy one with glitter/metallic vibes or not. You can however buy 3 in a little plastic zip bag for £13 which saves you about £3 or £4.

I already own two other Topshop nail varnishes (pictured above) and they're both amazing, they last for a good few days with no chips then for a few weeks with a chip or two. The glitter lasts forever though! I had it on my toes for about 2 months and never had to re-apply once!

L-R: Milkshake, Ice Crush, Parma Violet

Then we went into superdrug and I went a bit cray cray. I managed to buy 6 different nail varnishes. 5x Barry M and 1x NYC. I'll try and blog about a few nail designs once I start using them. I love Barry M. They're only £2.99 each and at the moment Superdrug have an offer where if you buy two you save £1 (so it was basically 2 for £5. I paid £12.99 for 5 but if I'd have bought 6 it would have been £13.99 which looking back would have been a better idea, but hey ho!








L-R: Lemon ice cream, matt white, berry ice cream, Peach melba, blue moon.

And finally I bought a mint green from NYC called 'Mint Macaroon'. I haven't yet tried it but the Barry M green wasn't 'pastelly' enough so I had to go out of my comfort zone and try something new. I'll blog about it once I've tried it. It was £2.50 so I was willing to give it a chance seeing as it was so cheap.




Right-O I think that's all there's to be said on the nail varnish front. I'm excited to try a few cheeky designs and if they're worthy I'll post a few photos of the experience.
Until later lovelies
Rosie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment