Tuesday 10 July 2012

Dermologica Clean start


So I recently found out I'm anaemic and had a blood transfusion to get my blood nice and fresh :) - While I was going through this hellish ordeal my lovely next door neighbour (who works in beauty and sells Dermologica products) gave me a Get Well Soon card and present. Aside from a big bar of Toblerone, shortcake biscuits and a few other bits and bobs, she very kindly gave me this Dermologica Clean Start 'Get Glowing' kit for young adult skin.
It comes with: 'Ready, set, scrub!' - an exfoliating cleansing scrub.
'Brighten up' - a tinted moisturiser with SPF  15 and...
'smart lips' lip shine.



'Ready set scrub' exfoliating scrub.
I've been using this for a few days now and I love it. It's one of those facial products where once you use it, your face feels cool and fresh and you get that nice icy feel to your skin, know what I mean? I haven't broken out in spots or anything so that's a good sign. It's also not overly rough as the exfoliating particles are super small so you hardly notice them, but in my opinion they work just as well as any others I've used.

'Brighten up' tinted moisturiser
I can honestly say that I'm a tinted moisturiser virgin. Well I was until this morning. I applied this after the scrub and I also love this product. It's not too heavy and is extremely moisturising so you really don't feel like you're wearing any make-up which is nice on those days when you simply cannot be arsed. I didn't need concealer once I put this on which is normally a complete no no for me! The only bad thing about this product (and the scrub too) is that they're un-fragranced and so do not smell so nice. This may be a good thing for those who like their products free of nice smelling chemicals, but personally I prefer to apply something that smells fruity-especially in the morning.


Smart Lips lip shine
I still haven't quite made my mind up about this lip shine. It's very very heavy and sticky which I'm not a massive fan of. There's nothing I hate more than a hair-stuck-on-lipgloss scenario. I tend to stick to Vasaline,   it never lets me down and isn't too sticky. The lip shine smells kind of like cocoa butter but it doesn't mention that on the ingredients or anything so I think that must have been an accident, but oh well it's nicer than smelling of nothing. I haven't seen a massive difference on my lips, I probably need to wear it a bit more but it's just too sticky.

After doing some research I found out that the Get Glowing kit is priced at £12 for 2x 15ml (scrub and tinted moisturiser) and 1x 3ml (lip shine). You can also buy them separately in bigger tubes.
I am impressed with this kit and may have to re-purchase the scrub and moisturiser once I've ran out. 
Have you tried it? What do you think?
Rosie
x

4 comments:

  1. I hope your feeling better :) I so would love to try these products

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I'll have a peek at your blog x

      Delete
  2. Nice blog ^^
    Would u like to follow each other?
    Let me know what u think about this

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete