Wednesday 11 July 2012

Hair therapy


It's common knowledge that if you bleach your hair, you're damaging it. Well I was lucky enough to feel the wrath of the dreaded bleach when I decided to dip-dye my hair at Christmas this year. 7 months later and indeedy, my hair is in the worst condition its ever been in. So when things get really really dry and split-end ridden I like to treat my locks to a bit of 'Hair therapy' as I now call it.

When I have a night where I'm planning on having a 'everything shower/bath' (everything shower/baths are when you have a shower/bath and do everything in them e.g. shaving, washing hair, exfoliating maybe even a face mask) - then I will often treat my hair to a hair mask.

I found the John Frieda Sheer Blonde highlight enhancing hair conditioner when I was in Sainsbury's one time. I'd just bleached my hair and it was looking a little coppery so I wanted to try and 'ash-it-up' a bit with various toner products. This was on offer for £1 I think so I had nothing to lose really when I bought it.

It's literally amazing. If you apply it once you've shampoo'ed and conditioned your hair as normal by smoothing it all over your hair (I concentrate on my ends because that's where I've bleached it) and tie it in a plait or bun, then go to bed with it still in your hair. Make sure you have an unrushed morning the next day to give you time to wash it out. You will immediately see the results. My hair is always beautifully soft and smooth after I've used this and it's a personal fave. Its priced at £1.99 in Superdrug so I always stock up when I'm in there. 

Have you tried this? What did you think?
Rosie
x

7 comments:

  1. ah i havent tried this xx great post though x

    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    Natali xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've only tried john frieda's hairspray but not shampoo. should try it next time :))
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! And sure I'll follow :)
      x

      Delete
  3. sheer blonde is amazing. generally john frieda's products are great!
    www.biouxenfleurs.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love them! Thanks for reading I'll check out your blog
      x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried this one, but I do use Kevin Murphy mask that is amazing for restoring damaged hair.

    It's my first time on your blog and I wanted to invite you to take part in my giveaway, if you like the prize, of course. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds great! I'll take a look. Thanks!
      xxx

      Delete