Saturday 14 July 2012

eBay Lovin'

L-R old abercrombie jeans, new abercrombie jeans from ebay

So when it comes to jeans, I have a mental breakdown. Since I was about 11 I've had the worst luck finding the perfect pair of jeans. I remember one pair I had when I was 14-they were from H&M and they actually fit me pretty well! Then one day I just lost them. They vanished. I have no idea how or where but I never saw them again... 
The hunt started once more for a new pair. It was two years before I bought another pair (I know, that's how bad it is). It's not that I'm fussy when it comes to choosing a pair, it's that I simply cannot fit into any of the ones on sale! I've been into New Look, H&M, Topshop, River Island, Next and countless other stores and they were all either too short (which was often the case as I am 5ft 11) or too tight on the legs, too baggy round the waist or the other way around. Basically it was a nightmare.

Until one day 3 years ago in London on a shopping trip with my mum. My sixteen year old self was desperate to go into Abercrombie and Fitch to 'see what it was like' as there was some huge hype over how 'cool' the shop was. We ventured in and I hated it. It was pitch black, there was a vain model at the doorway having his photo with squealing customers, they'd hired models to dance on the balcony to the second floor and the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. 
I went to look at the jeans and saw a pair I liked. My hopes weren't too high as I knew they'd probably be too small/big/short but I tried them on anyway. LO AND BEHOLD THEY WERE PERFECT! The first pair after a long and gruelling 2 year trek to actually fit me right! They were pricey at £80 but I wore them 5 days a week for 3 years until they recently got a hole in the crotch area. :( - obviously I was devastated. I searched on the Abercrombie website, but as I expected they'd discontinued that line of jeans. 

I looked on eBay-typing in the exact name of the jeans and my size. There they were. I bid for them immediately and won them at just £10.50 - it cost me £13.50 alltogether including postage. 

When they arrived I was thrilled. They were exactly the same as my beloved jeans from before but in much better condition! As you can see from the photos. No holes, no wear and tear. They looked brand new! The seller sent me a lovely message telling me 'thanks' for buying them and when she would post them and they arrived in 2 days! 
I've never been happier with an ebay purchase in my life!
What's your favourite ebay purchase? Do you use it regularly?
Rosie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment