Friday 3 August 2012

Primark has upped it's nail varnishes.


The title says it all here really.
Bearing in mind I have only tried one of their new 'angelica' range of nail varnish, but it really is wonderful.
I went into the London Westfields Primark while I was at the Olympics (Woohoo!) and found a whole little island full of these angelica nail varnishes. They're new to me - I have never seen nail varnish and Primark look like this. I was immediately drawn to this little beauty (pictures above and below) which is a gorgeous rainbow holographic glitter. Its called 'Brit Pop' and it number 92. 

The colour is gorgeous, of course, however knowing Primark's reputation I was a little wary. They're priced at £2.50 which is not exactly 'cheap' for Primark nail varnish so I thought it may be a little better than their previous range. 

INDEED THEY ARE!
I cheekily put a little bit on my thumbnail in the store and walked around for a bit looking at clothes. By the time I was ready to pay, it was completely dry and felt as solid as a rock!


After purchasing, coming home and covering all of my nails in it (on top of Topshop's milkshake) and letting them dry I am thoroughly impressed. It's been 4 days and not a chip in sight. I think I'm going to have difficulty getting it off in fact-which is a good sign when it comes to nail varnish in my opinion.
This is a long shot but it it's very similar to OPI's Extra-va-va-ganza which has been discontinued as far as I am aware. So this is a delicious alternative as it is literally 1/5 of the price and is very similar to OPI's so far...  especially the staying power as I have tried both brands. Not bad at all for Primark (as much as I love it). 

I've already had loads of compliments about this nail colour and I am definitely going to go back to purchase lots of more lovely colours.
Have you seen these nail varnishes? How do you like them?
Rosie 
x  


8 comments:

  1. it's definitely a good sign when you think you'll have trouble taking it off! my nails always chip SO easily, i go through nail polish like a mad-woman!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm flattered that you've read my blog Dana, I'm a loyal follower of yours! Haha, I'm the same with nail polish- I think I'm closing in on 100 bottles now (thats after a clear out) - waaaaay too much for one girl :)
    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nail varnish too and this is gorgeous! Very surprised that its Primark, but I've been hearing lots of good things about their make up recently so might have to give it a go :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO good for Primark! I would never even consider buying their nail polishes because well... it's Primark haha as much as I do love it! I think I know where I'm heading on Saturday haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really good nail polish for primark! Must take a look next time I am there! x
    http://b-j-s-t.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah they've upped their game, i got lovely ones recenty, great post! if you get a sec i'd love to know what you think of my latest post!

    Eimear x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've nominateed u in LIEBSTER award

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that colour!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i'm launching a new giveaway to win 30 beauty products tomorrow inc. essie etc. make sure you stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete