Friday 18 January 2013

Uni Bedroom

I've been naughty and haven't posted in here for a while. Not sure why, just went through a cba phase I guess. But I'm back and hopefully for good!

I started my second year at university in September and moved into my first student house! I got the short straw on choice of rooms (smallest room on the bottom floor) this is what I had to work with...


So I rolled up my sleeves and became a thrifty goddess.
This is what my room looks like now...



As you can see I like Victoria's secret! I'm also trying to lose weight so the dresses hung on my wall are for 'thinspiration'.


The theme of my bedroom is Shabby chic. I got my dressing table from Ebay for £60 and I covered the horrible blue wall with material from Ikea which was £6.99. The fairy lights are from a shop in the lanes in Brighton called Cable and Cotton (http://cableandcotton.co.uk/blog/) - You can choose your own colours and they're reasonably priced. I may do a separate blog post on them.


Fairy lights under material are from poundland.
Lamp is from Ikea.
Chandelier is from TK Maxx

Chalkboard heart from Hobbycraft, Fiat canvases from Primark.

 A job well done I think! I'm so happy with my room now. There's nothing like coming back to a nice cosy bedroom!

How have you decorated your room? What style do you like?
Rosie x


6 comments:

  1. Aw Rose only just checked this blog out. Cute room babes, very cute! *Applaudes*

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lover! When are you back in Brighton? x

      Delete
  2. Hey you´ve a wonderful blog!
    So please check out mine and if
    you want we can follow each other here,
    on bloglovin and via GFC ?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is amazing what you were able to do to your dorm room! It looks Phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shelves! You really transformed them~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Sorry for the offtopic. 'just came across Your "taste Hungarian sweets" video, and I was wondering, if the taste (or secret ingridient) would happen to be.. RUM!. That' right! Good old sailor drinkin' rum! Quite cheap and common ingridient for hungarian sweets :). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete